Seeking Recommendations for Beginner-Friendly LEGO Robotics Kits for Kindergartners

MARI MA

Reaction score
Hello! I'm a Kindergarten robotics teacher here in the U.S., and I'm on the hunt for the perfect LEGO robotics kit. I'm looking for something that's not only simple for my young students to grasp but also straightforward for me to teach. Additionally, it needs to be easy to set up and pack away each week. Does anyone have any recommendations that could help streamline my robotics classes? Thank you in advance!

It's wonderful to hear that you're introducing robotics to kindergartners—what a fantastic way to spark their interest in STEM early on! For that age group, I'd highly recommend the LEGO Education WeDo 2.0 Core Set. It's specifically designed for younger learners, making it perfect for Kindergarten students. The kit is very user-friendly, with intuitive drag-and-drop programming that's ideal for beginners. Additionally, it's quite durable and easy to handle, which is great for little hands.

The WeDo 2.0 set also comes with a variety of projects that can be both fun and educational. Each session could start with a simple build and gradually incorporate basic programming concepts. Plus, setting up and cleaning up is straightforward, which should make your weekly transitions smoother.

Hope this helps, and your students have a blast exploring the world of robotics!

Back