Chasing Robot Project Assistance Needed

GramExplorer

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm about to begin a project and could use some guidance on how to set it up. The scenario involves one robot that I control and three other robots tasked with chasing and stopping the first one. The control robot is ready, but I'm unsure how to program the others to pursue and halt it effectively. My initial strategy involves positioning one robot on each side and another in front of it, then gradually having them close in. However, I'm not certain how to implement this. Any suggestions on how to get started would be greatly appreciated!

If you choose to use vision systems with cameras, one approach could be to train the chaser robots using OpenCV's haar cascade feature to recognize the lead robot in an image or camera feed. Alternatively, you could use QR codes for similar recognition tasks.

The simplest method might involve using colored LEDs on the lead robot and equipping the chasers with light or color sensors to detect it.

Another option is to use an IR signal for direction and tracking.

What's the best degree to pursue if I want to work on robotics similar to those at Boston Dynamics or Amazon's Kivas? I'm considering mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or computer engineering/science. I'm currently wrapping up my general education courses at community college.

What's the best degree to pursue if I want to work on robotics similar to those at Boston Dynamics or Amazon's Kivas? I'm considering mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or computer engineering/science. I'm currently wrapping up my general education courses at community college.
Well the coding of the AI, the designing of the hardware, and the design and implementing of the electronics are 3 separate departments of a big company like Boston Dynamics. So whichever one of those three you want to work on IMO. If you want to learn all of them and be able to do them all to build robots as a solo dev jack of all trades or generalist, you could pursue a robotics degree I think they exist now but are rarely offered anywhere. This would probably go less in depth but more broad on all the topics of relevance.

Which type of robots will have the most significant impact on daily life by 2030?

• Humanoid Robots

• Industrial Robots

• Mobile Robots

• Medical Robots

• Agricultural Robots

• Telepresence Robots

• Swarm Robots

• Exoskeletons

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back