Seeking Recommendations for Conversational Humanoid Robots Within $22,000

RinatMirus

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm currently exploring options for a humanoid robot that excels in conversational and service interactions, with a budget of about $22,000. I was quite impressed by Pepper's integration with ChatGPT for interactive communication. My project involves studying how customers engage with service robots, so I need a robot that focuses on reliable communication, without the need for object manipulation.

Pepper caught my attention due to its comprehensive development kit. However, I'm open to suggestions and would love to hear about your experiences with similar humanoid robots. What models have you used? What are the pros and cons you've observed? Any insights you can provide will greatly assist me in my discussions with my university. Looking forward to your recommendations and advice!

Last edited:
Consider exploring the QTrobot by LuxAI, particularly the QTrobot RD-V2 AI@Edge model. While primarily marketed as consumer robots for assisting children with autism, LuxAI also offers these robots for research applications. They provide extensive documentation on utilizing their APIs with C++, Python, and ROS, which could be highly beneficial for your project. For more information and purchasing options, you can visit their website at LuxAI QTrobot for Research.

Which type of robots will have the most significant impact on daily life by 2030?

• Humanoid Robots

• Industrial Robots

• Mobile Robots

• Medical Robots

• Agricultural Robots

• Telepresence Robots

• Swarm Robots

• Exoskeletons

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back